Propel@YH is a six-month digital health accelerator programme targeted at SMEs with digital health innovations for the Yorkshire and Humber region.
Commissioned by the Yorkshire & Humber Academic Health Science Network (AHSN), Propel@YH will provide its business participants with access to a structured course of support and advice aimed at helping to navigate the NHS, whilst enabling accelerated company growth and increased market presence.
The programme is open to all SMEs that can demonstrate innovative digital and patient solutions and have either an existing presence in the Yorkshire and Humber region, or are willing to establish one.
It will provide a unique and tailored set of advisory, guidance and support services to enable global organisations to bring innovative digital health and patient solutions to the region’s population and the wider health economy. It will also offer assistance to participants on developing an NHS-relevant business case.
Organisations will be chosen to take part in a six-month programme of masterclasses, digital innovator surgeries and events focused on human-related design, clinical safety by design and understanding NHS procurement.
They will also have access to expert partners – including NHS providers and commissioners, academic institutions, primary and secondary care organisations – and receive expert mentorship and dedicated one-to-one support on topics including marketing, law and finance.
In addition, patient representatives will be involved in helping the cohort to develop a patient-centred, co-designed approach to their work.
Propel@YH Net Zero
Propel@YH Net Zero is a new sustainable health accelerator pilot programme for SMEs who either have new innovations that can support the NHS’ drive towards ‘net zero’, or who have existing products that can be made more sustainable, for the benefit of the West Yorkshire region.
About Yorkshire & Humber Academic Health Science Network
Yorkshire & Humber AHSN is one of 15 AHSNs set up by NHS England in 2013 and relicensed from April 2018 to operate as the key innovation arm of the NHS.
The aim of the Yorkshire & Humber AHSN is to create significant improvements in the health of the population by reducing service variability and improving patient experience in the health care system.
The Yorkshire & Humber AHSN helps ensure new innovative products and services that have the potential to transform lives become part of routine clinical practice. The organisation also assists in providing economic growth for the region, supporting inward investment projects and industry that support the health sector.
For more information, go to www.yhahsn.org.uk.
Benefits for participants
- Masterclasses on how to build clinical safety cases, develop an evidence based proposal and understanding procurement in the NHS.
- Support to develop an NHS-relevant, evidence-based business case, tailored to the requirements of this challenging sector.
- Access to expert partner organisations including NHS providers and commissioners, primary and secondary care organisations, academic institutions and industry representatives.
– Nexus community membership, which provides use of co-working space and business lounge, access to member events and support from the Engagement team through ‘drop in’ sessions to broker connections with the University of Leeds.
– Eagle Labs will provide high growth banking expertise, investor speed dating and digital skills training alongside access to resident experts and coaches, education and mentor events and workshops with industry experts.
– Hill Dickinson will deliver workshops on intellectual property, company law, partnership/collaborative working, non-disclosure agreements and cross border transactions.
– Developing a patient-centred, co-designed approach to your digital solution with input from patient representatives.
Apply for Propel@YH here
Deadline for applications is noon, Wednesday 13th October.