Over the last six months over 55 hours of support has been delivered to 10 companies through our digital health accelerator programme Propel@YH generating £57K of investment in the Leeds region.
These figures have been released as part of our 21-22 Propel@YH Impact Report.
Propel@YH is Yorkshire & Humber AHSN’s digital accelerator programme that provides innovative organisations developing digital health solutions with access to a structured course of support and advice aimed at enabling accelerated company growth and increased market presence.
Neville Young, Director of Enterprise and Innovation at the Yorkshire & Humber AHSN said: “This was our third successful year for the Propel@YH accelerator programme. It has been fantastic to see that we continue to attract great healthtech SMEs into the program that will drive health gains in our communities, as well as creating opportunities for growth that bring investment and jobs into the region. We look forward to delivering year four.”
Commenting about Propel@YH – Dr Raj Palmar, a junior doctor at Mid Yorkshire NHS Hospitals Trust and founder of Rewire Stroke, said: “We are an early-stage start-up and gained a lot of value from the Propel@YH programme. Recently we have managed to secure £18,000 of Innovate UK funding which we used for user-testing sessions, rebranding, and legal work.
We are preparing to launch our product into the NHS and are working to secure an evaluation pilot in the Yorkshire region.” Rewire Rehab is an app that uses machine learning to deliver personalised stroke physiotherapy.
Other highlights include:
- 21 facilitated hours of quality collaborations with NHS stakeholders and systems
- Eight months Nexus co-working space provided to 10 companies
- 20 collaborations facilitated
- 3 NHS trials across 2 suppliers
- Increased supplier growth into another two Clinical Commissioning Groups
- Active engagement with four NHS Trusts & one ICS
- £18K Innovate UK grant funding generated for a supplier
- £20K grant funding generated for the programme
If you would like more information about how to join the programme, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org