Accelerating health innovation: Propel@YH Net Zero
Propel@YH Net Zero is a new sustainable health accelerator pilot programme for SMEs who either have new innovations that can support the NHS’ drive towards ‘net zero’, or who have existing products that can be made more sustainable, for the benefit of the West Yorkshire region.
Commissioned by West Yorkshire and Harrogate Health and Care Partnership and delivered by Yorkshire & Humber AHSN, the Propel@YH Net Zero pilot programme will provide its 2021 participants with access to a structured course of support and advice tailored to their needs.
The Yorkshire & Humber AHSN have made a commitment to support the Net Zero and Environmental Sustainability agenda across three areas:
- Support health innovations with an environmental impact
- Support innovators to consider environmental sustainability within their work
- Identify innovations / best practice with an impact from other sectors and bring into the NHS
The three-month programme will provide up to four organisations with unique and tailored guidance and support services to enable them to bring innovative green solutions to the region.
Benefits for participants:
- Expert support and guidance tailored to the needs of the organisation including: carbon impact assessments, access to funding, and needs identification to support business cases
- Improved visibility of products to NHS organisations in West Yorkshire and Harrogate health and care system
- Development of next steps on the journey to support net zero in the NHS
This call is open for applications from innovations in the following areas of the Net Zero report:
- Consumables/ Equipment
- Estates / Facilities
- Supply Chain
- Travel / Transport
- Energy / Waste Management
- Applications open 7th April
- Applications close 7th May
- Assessments – May
- Cohort announced 18th June
- June- September – programme underway.
Find out more in our brochure